The Spirit Models and Promotions Agency

Monday 28 April 2014

Spirit Model Interview: Dark Morte



Tell us a bit about yourself and your background.
Hmm, what do you want to know?  I like to keep some mystery around myself ;-)  I’d describe myself as a nerdy long time lover of the dark and you would be hard pushed not to see me wearing black on a day-to day basis.

What are your ambitions for your modeling career?
Next steps for me are to continue in the dark/horror vein and get involved in more acting work, presenting etc.

Have your friends and family supportive of your career? What was their reaction?
Absolutely!  I have a huge amount of support from both family and friends who have been extremely encouraging all the way throughout my modeling career.  At first they were fairly impressed (although not surprised) to find me modeling for camera clubs and such and then when things moved on to me doing catalogue work, winning awards etc. I received an even more positive response.

How is it affected your life so far?
I’ve invested a lot of time, effort and to some extent money into putting together a professional portfolio, modeling both
for paid and unpaid jobs as part of the process of reaching a professional level.  It’s taken a lot of commitment but I’m pleased to be doing something I’ve dreamed of since the age of 14.  It’s definitely rounded and enriched my life to have reached this level.

How would you best describe your personal style?
Ooh, it does tend to vary but I’d say a mix between trad Goth, Industrial and to some extent ‘grungy alt’ as my day-to-day wear.  For special occasions and going out I like to dress a little more glam, think Gothic vampire, velvets, shiny clothing, dark eyes and lips.

What is your personal view of the alternative modeling scene?
To some extent I would liken it to catwalk couture in terms of styling but stripping away that clean edge and injecting a gritty level of realism into the overall package.

What has been the most special, memorable, highlight or most unique experience during your modeling career?
I have a few - catalogue modeling for Hell Bunny back in 2010, winning World Goth Day’s ‘Best UK Model’ in 2012 and more recently playing a lead part (as a vampire, of course) in a horror themed Kim Wilde video, where I have an awesome amount of close up screen time.

Who inspires you? 
The one, the only Grace Jones.  You can’t beat Grace, not only is she beautiful, beyond stylish and capable of representing the most amazing on screen vampire she is an extremely strong woman who knows what she wants out of life and isn’t afraid to go out and get it.

Is there a particular model/photographer/designer you would like to work with?
Not that I can think of, I’m open to suggestions.  Anything that involves something dark and mysterious is always good for me.

Do you have a sideline career and if so what do you do?
Yes!  In strong contrast I’m an IT professional, but that’s all I’m going to say about that, I like to keep those two aspects separate ;-)

You can also keep up with Dark Morte on her you Tube channel with her 'Frights and Delights' series - YOUTUBE 

Interview by Sapphira Chattan

No comments:

Post a Comment